If you are looking for date ideas a very romantic thing to do is to
go on a wine and cheese picnic. This can be done for lunch or
dinner, the choice is yours. But if you do it right it can be very
memorable and romantic. Here is how to put together a romantic and
memorable wine and cheese date.
1. First you have to plan on where you will take your date. It is
often best if you go to a place outdoors that means something to
the both of you. Next decide if you will drive or will you hire a
limo? I guess that depends on how much you want to spend!
2. Now you have to go out and buy all the items you will need.
Don’t worry the cost for everything, even to do it right will cost
less than a nice dinner out and it will be much more memorable.
Here’s a checklist of what you will need.
3. Picnic basket (some come complete with all the items you need
for a picnic)
4. Linen table cloth.
5. Chairs (or maybe you will be sitting on a table already at the
6. Glass or plastic wine glasses. (Be sure they are long stem and
if you are a real wine lover with wide mouths for better enjoyment
of the wine.)
7. Cheese (Grandvewe of course!)
8. Crackers, or fruit or a roll of bread or a smoked meat or fish
9. A cutting board for the cheese and knife to cut with.
10. A wine opener
11. Flowers-don’t forget flowers….always a nice touch.
12. Personal silverware
13. Napkins-paper or linen…it depends on the statement you want
14. Water and cups or glasses
15. A sweet treat for desert. This could be cheese cake, chocolate
or whatever you and your date enjoys.
16. Wine-can’t forget the wine!
17. Light source or candles if it is at night
What wine and cheese will be best together?
You want to make sure you bring wines and cheeses that work well
together. First decide on the wine you will bring and then match
Cabernets generally go best with a hard, sharp cheese.
Sweeter, lighter cheeses usually goes well with lighter, white
Here are a few specifics on wine pairings with cheese that often
work well together:
– Rieslings and Gouda
– Pinot Noir and Brie
– Cabernets and Sharp Cheddar
– Chianti and Mozzarella
What is most important is the individual taste preferences of you
and your date. Pick wines and cheeses that you both enjoy.
Having a wine and cheese picnic can be very memorable and romantic.
If you are searching for romantic date ideas, this should be at the
top of your list. If you are well planned it will take place
without a hitch and you are sure to score big points with your date!
Keep being ewenique!